Healthy Vegan Cookies ✹ Easy 10 Min Recipe [GF]
Last week I posted my plate with these quick healthy vegan cookies on them to my Instagram stories. As I got lots of heart emoji messages I did a quick pole to see who wants the recipe. With more than 90% saying yes, I decided I needed to share this recipe with you! Me and my friends really love them because they’re delicious and so quick and easy to make.
Full of chickpeas, full of protein
I love to bake with chickpeas which is quite random if you’ve never heard of it. But I promise you it’s a game changer! These cookies are full of protein and absolutely delicious. The reason they’re rich in protein is due to the chickpeas as well as the nut butter, which also provides your body with lots of healthy fats. If you’d like them to be even healthier, you can use less maple syrup or add some banana, though this will change the taste and can change the consistency. They’re also great as a healthy treat for kids.
Low Waste Tip
To avoid unnecessary waste save parchment paper you used for pizza (or that comes with it) and reuse it to make the cookies. Better yet invest in a reusable parchment paper like this one. And remember, the costs will be much lower in the long term 🙂
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Scroll down to watch the recipe video!
soft, fluffy & gluten-free
Prep Time: 10 min Bake Time: 20 min Makes: 15 small cookies
● 1.5 cups (250g) chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
● 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup (add more or less to taste)
● 2 TSP vanilla extract
● 1 TSP baking powder
● 2 TBSP flour of choice (I used chickpea flour (GF))
● Pinch of salt
● 1/3 cup (80g) peanut butter
● 1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chips (The dark kind at the supermarket is usually vegan)
● Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C)
● Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a food processor or a blender
● Mix until smooth
● Stir (don’t mix) in the chocolate chips
● With a big spoon or another similar gadget make big drops of dough on a baking sheet
● Put the baking tray into the oven for 20 minutes
● Let the cookies cool off completely before you enjoy them
Watch the recipe video
Show me your healthy vegan cookies
If you make these healthy vegan cookies let me know by tagging @earthy_eco and using the hashtag #earthyeco
If you have any questions pop them in the comments or just leave me some love 💛
Happy Cookie Eating! 🍪
Try more recipes or book a tour
If you like this recipe you could also try making these delicious no-bake vegan cheesecake cups for which you only need 5 ingredients! If you don’t like to or don’t have the time to bake yourself, book a tour with me here in Berlin – the vegan capital of the world, to indulge in some of the best vegan food the city has to offer without lifting a finger! Psst – save 5% for 2 or more people with this link.